Q: Put E85 gas in vehicle when it is not supposed to use it.

About 9 gallons of E85 gas was put in the vehicle last night when the gauge was on 1/4. Today the service engine light came on. It has been driven about 50 miles since this happened. Will this cause any problems and what is the solution? Is it better to drive it until fuel level is low and fill with premium or?????

Your vehicles fuel system is designed to not have over 20% alcohol in the fuel and may be damaged over time if excessive alcohol is in the fuel. The check engine light came on from the computer not programmed to have the wrong fuel in the engine. The stored codes will be all fuel related. Once you get to about 1/4 tank then fill the tank with regulator fuel. You should do this twice before having the check engine light checked. You will need to have all codes cleared and then drive it normally to see if the codes return. You may not have any problems one normal fuel is in the system.

3. Put E85 gas in vehicle when it is not supposed to use it.