Q: Purchasing this used car

I am looking at purchasing a used lexus. I am just concerned with buying something that may cost me thousands in repair costs. How expensive are these older Lexus's to fix up.

There are many different Lexus vehicles in 1997 and you did not mention a model. I would recommend having a vehicle pre-purchase inspection by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and inspect the vehicle and check all the systems of the vehicle to identify any major problems. Knowing that the car has been checked will help you be more confident in making your purchasing decision and will inform you on any major repairs that may be needed.

3. Purchasing this used car