Q: Purchased new computer,does it need programed,if so who does that

Car wouldn't start checked all fuses and sensors,put new computer in and some say it needs programmed some say it doesn't need to know for sure and who does it

Try to hook it up to your B2500 and see if it will start and run. If it does then your okay to go with out programming. If not then you would need to have a dealer program it after it is installed into the vehicle.

However, If it does work, make sure it drives well and shifts and everything works before ruling out the reprogramming. These year vehicles may and may not need programming but according to my repair software it says it does need programming to initialize it.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come the the vehicles location to diagnose your starting issue and suggest a fix from there. Good luck.

3. Purchased new computer,does it need programed,if so who does that