Q: Pulls to left slightly / cabin courtesy lights not working / difficult to get into gear until driven a few hundred yards.

2.2 crdi (uk) Hi, Pulls to the left Slightly / interior front cabin lights do not operate when doors are opened (work ok manually). Difficult to get into gear until driven a few hundred yards......Thanks.....

A: If your vehicle is pulling to the left then...

If your vehicle is pulling to the left then the first thing to check is the four tires having the same air pressure. If you need to make any adjustments to the tire pressures, check again to see if the pull is there without touching the brakes or if it exists only when you touch the brakes.

If the brakes make it pull, then you may have a sticking caliper or if it pulls without the brakes than the alignment needs to be checked along with the tie rod ends for binding. A technician can diagnose your pulling issue by doing an in-person inspection.

The interior lights work from the main switch to turn them on and must be in the door position to work when the doors are opened. If they still do not work, then the switch may need to be replaced.

If the manual transmission is hard to get in gear in the morning, this may be due to the fluid being a little thick for the outside temperature or needing to be changed out to help with the shifting. If this does not work, then you may have an internal problem with the synchronizers becoming worn inside the transmission. A transmission fluid change may help with this condition also. A technician can visit your home or office to inspect your shifting issue and all other problems that you may be having with your vehicle. From there, they can arrange to make the proper repairs on your car.