Q: Pulling out the axle

i have been trying to pull my old axle out my driver side for 2 days now those that have a pin inside or u just pry it out

A: Hello. The circlip that retains the axle to...

Hello. The circlip that retains the axle to the transmission is pretty effective as you are finding out. If the axle does not dislodge (pry out) in one position, simply rotate it a quarter turn. You might have to try a couple positions before it pops out. By rotating it, what you are trying to do is get the "open" end of the circlip to be at the bottom (facing the ground). That is the easiest position to effect removal.

So just try a few different positions and it will work. Be very careful not to crack the transmission case if you are using a pry bar. That would be disastrous in terms of further repair. It is best really to only apply force to the joint itself and there are tools that facilitate that.

The key to easy installation of the new shaft is to make sure when you insert the shaft into the transmission the opening on the circlip is also toward the bottom, toward the ground. There again, that is the easiest position to install and requires much less force than if you have the open position facing up. Good luck with this, I hope this helps you get the shaft out easily now. If you need help having this done, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to repair your axle for you.