Q: Pulling during deceleration

When I drive my newly built car , just finished a 4 year restore. 4 wheel disk brakes new everything mechanically it pulls to the right slightly when I accelerate and pulls hard to the left when I decelerate. Drives fine if I take it easy

Hello. I would check for uniformity of tire pressure in all four tires. Check for brake drag and failure to release at each wheel. A likely cause is an alignment or frame issue. Check that camber is within FSM specification assuming you have not modified the suspension. If you have modified the suspension, you will have to experiment with different settings if the pull is objectionable to you. You might also have excessive toe out. If you modified the wheels (e.g. are using a different set back) that can aggravate alignment issues and cause handling problems. The best thing to do if you have not modified the suspension is set camber and toe to factory spec and check thrust angle. Make sure thrust angle is zero relative to track of rear wheels. You can use track flags and optical toe gauges (AMMCO for instance) to check thrust angle yourself on the garage floor. If you would like some help having this checked, a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose the pulling issue and let you know what needs repair.