Q: Problems with various electrical functions after replacing the battery....

After changing the battery at first the car wouldn't start...placed the remote in the cup holder then the car would start....however the following issues ocurred: -Front lights will not function in any setting...Fog lights do work -Blinkers do not function...I get the fast blinker warning but the bulbs are not burned out -The automatic locks will not work by remote or on the switches on the dash -Driver's seat will not heat or adjust -Partial brake lights...again...bulbs are not burned The ONLY function the works on the remote is the trunk release. I checked the fuses and they are all in working condition My question is does something in the system need to be reset and if so what exactly and if possible give an estimate of cost. I also tried to reprogram the locks and remote per the manual however that didn't work either...thankyou

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having an issue with the charging system. This may mean there is an issue with the alternator, or the connections to the battery. You will want to do a full inspection of the system including the battery terminals, the battery’s ground connection, and the connection to the alternator. Make sure all of these connections are clean, dry, and tight. Then if needed, go to testing the alternator and make sure it is supplying the vehicle with enough electrical power. You can do this with a voltmeter, have it done by a technician, or at some automotive parts stores. Only further testing will tell. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Problems with various electrical functions after replacing the battery....