Q: Q: Problems with the electrical system in the car

In the past year or so, I didn't drive the car much, only several times for a few hours. So, it sat during that time. The other day, I was driving to get the battery recharged and I've noticed that when the key is out of the ignition, everything quits working including the remote. Only thing that still works are the hazards. When the car is started, everything functions except the some lights, garage opener and the radio. I had the battery replaced but nothing changed. Is this an electrical issue? How can I fix it?

The accessories not functioning properly is most likely due to when the battery was disconnected. The systems may have lost any programing of the accessories and gone back to factory settings. I would recommend having the accessories reprogrammed as needed. You may need to have the factory style scanner to enable and program the modules to work again. Before you do anything, check all fuses to make sure they are good. If you jumpstarted or shorted the battery cables during charging or jumpstarting, you may have damaged a module. Only testing with a scanner will verify this. You can start with an inspection from a certified mechanic, but you may need to go to a dealership to complete this.

3. Q: Problems with the electrical system in the car