Q: Problems with the battery.

The car is not starting. It is possible that the problem is the battery because the light is on.

Hi there. The battery may be the issue if the engine is not cranking over at all. If that is the case then the battery should be load tested. If the battery is fine then further testing would need to be done to see if the problem is the starter or an electrical issue. If the engine is cranking over and just not starting then it is not the battery. The most common issue that I have seen to cause this is the crank position sensor. When it fails the computer cannot see the speed of the engine so it cannot start the engine. It may also be a fuel pump or a number of other issues. For anything beyond a battery replacement you should enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic that has the experience to diagnose this, like one from YourMechanic.