Q: Problems with overheating, accelerating, and starting

I have three problems with my car. First, when idling in the summer, it tends to overheat. Second, the car accelerates, but hesitates at 3000 RPMs. Third, I am having problems starting my car. At first I thought it was a dead battery and so would charge it for a day or two, and it would start. I put a new battery in it and it still doesn't start sometimes.

Did all of these happen at the same time? It is possible they are related but they may be separate problems. For the overheating problem, it sounds you may have a coolant fan that is inoperative. The hesitation could be tune-up related. And the no-start may be caused by a problem with the starter if you notice that the engine is not turning over. I would have a certified mechanic go over all of your car’s issues with you. They will be able to diagnose your overheating issue, engine hesitation, and no-start condition.

3. Problems with overheating, accelerating, and starting