Q: Problems with my reverse gear

When I engage reverse gear, the 'gear selection' display turns red and then the car doesn't have any pick-up power when I press on the gas pedal. This happens also in Drive until I stop and engage Drive again - then the car moves. It happens in drive, only if I had previously been in reverse. What can you tell me about this type of problem? Thanks.

This is most likely an internal issue in the transmission. Normally when reverse starts to slip it is attributed to the B clutch. But since you are losing forward gears as well, there may be an issue with the G brake, which is engaged in both drive and reverse.

The transmission either needs to be overhauled or replaced if either the B clutch or G brake is faulty.

Other possibilities could be a faulty valve body, pressure control solenoid, or torque converter. You may need to seek out a transmission shop to get an accurate diagnosis and repair.

3. Problems with my reverse gear