Q: Acceleration problems

I've been having trouble with my Commodore lately. The car starts fine however when I touch foot on the accelrator just in park, the whole car shakes and shudders followed by a only explained as a slight rattling noise. The car will then cut out completely. I've had the RAA look at it and be pretty stumped. Got a lube mobile mechanic to have a look and he tested spark plugs leads etc. all tested ok, for him to then tell me that it's the fuel pump, however the same problem occurs on gas? Could that still be the problem? Any advice?

Hello. Most of the time this occurs from a failing throttle body. What I would be concerned with first is the noise. If it has a failing timing chain then this can occur, but that noise will also happen if the engine is stalling. If there is no engine noise prior to trying to accelerate then I would suspect a failing throttle body. Prior to changing this I would scan the computer for codes and also check the sensor inputs to see if any of them are not reading correctly. By doing this the issue should be able to be found.

3. Acceleration problems