Q: Problems with battery draining for no 'obvious' reasons.

My '03 Chevy Surburban's battery drains when left undriven for more than 8-12 hrs. We bought the vehicle used in 2012. Since then, we've replace the battery 6 times! I purchased a new battery in Dec. 2015, and began dying in May... I've noticed a continuous strange clicking sound coming from somewhere near the steering column, after the key is removed. I took it to a mechanic last week, who didn't find anything wrong with it. In fact, it sat (undriven) at his shop for 2 days, and it started right up. I read somewhere that this is common for this years make and model. Does anyone have information regarding this issue? What's causing it?

Your problem could be a module staying on or a faulty relay. If you have an alarm installed, they can sometimes drain a battery when engaged. The parasitic drain you are experiencing can be diagnosed by a certified technician that is very good with electrical diagnosis. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, that is specifically familiar with a parasitic drain test, determine the exact cause of your draining battery.