Q: Problems starting ignition switch

My battery is dead so I began to have problems starting my truck. I got under it and moved some of the wires around from the starter solenoid to the wire from the oil sensor unit - I think - to the turn ignition switch and it started. And it was running. I turned off the truck and repeated this,and it started again and was running. I did this procedure 4 or 5 times – each time working until the 6th time, and it didn’t start. Do you know what I should do now?

Thanks for writing in about your 1994 Nissan Pickup. I’m trying to picture how the oil pressure sender wires come into all of this. The wires on the starter and starter solenoid should be tight enough that you can’t move them with your fingers. Take off the negative battery cable off first, and then go under the truck and tighten those starter wires carefully being careful not to over tighten them. That may be your fix. But if you can see the terminals on the solenoid moving around as you try to tighten the nuts, then you need a new starter and solenoid. Have your car’s hard start issue diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.