Q: Problems starting car, even with a new battery.

My car won't turn over. We boosted the battery, but it didn't charge. we bought a new battery and it still won't start. The tail lights don't work, but the dashboard, interior, and hazard lights are stuck on.

Hi there. In order to give you specific information I would need to know what kind of vehicle this is. Most of the time if a car acts like this after it is jumped it is due to the battery cables being installed backwards during the process. If this occurs then certain modules can be damaged or fuses can fail. You should check the fuses first to see if any of them have blown. If the fuses are fine then you should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who will perform an inspection of the starting system.