Q: Problem with timing belt tensioner. Hear rattle.

I just had the timing belt replaced. I believe something is wrong with the tension of the timing belt since I now hear a rattle from that area.

When timing belts are replaced, I also recommend getting the water pump and tensioner replaced since they are known to cause noises. If the technician that replaced the belt did not tighten the new belt enough, it could be the cause of the noise. The front timing cover may be rubbing somewhere as well. My recommendation is to take it back to the technician that did the original repair or to have an independent technician check and diagnose the noise for you.

3. Problem with timing belt tensioner. Hear rattle.