Q: Problem with the power windows.

Just bought a 2004 cavalier and am having some trouble with the windows. The driver side front won't go up or down, the passenger front goes down but not up, the rear passenger is stuck half way up and won't budge, and the driver rear works just fine.... I don't know much about cars. Wondering if it's the individual motors. Any advice is appreciated .

Power windows that don’t cooperate can be so frustrating. A visual inspection and a few quick checks of the fuses, relays, obvious broken switches, and wiring is necessary to pinpoint what’s going wrong here.

The door panel needs to be removed to verify switch and window regulator motor operation. Then the faulty window motor (most likely) or switch can then be replaced. If you decide to get this fixed, consider getting some help from a certified technician who can diagnose the issues with your windows and make the necessary repairs.

3. Problem with the power windows.