Q: Problem with sensor

My car dash light came on, and I did find out there is something wrong with a sensor, but I don't know which one. I stopped to get gas and the car would not start initially. Two and a half hours later, it finally started back up.

A: Hi there. It really depends on which dash l...

Hi there. It really depends on which dash light came on, but the diagnosis procedure would be similar in any case. The specific light needs to be identified and the fault codes from the vehicle will need to be scanned. Reading out the codes will generally identify the sensor or circuit at fault. Since this situation also occurred when the engine was not on, then it is most likely a fault in the engine computer with one of its sensors being the issue. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the fault codes in your vehicle and replace any failing parts.