Q: Problem with RPM

My rpm is not getting above 2. I have replaced the turbocharger but still its not solved. When I remove the small vacuum pipe which is on turbocharger the rpm increases. What can be the problem in my car. My make year is 2015 and car is maruti suzuki Ertiga

Hi there. If the idle changes when removing the vacuum pipe from the turbocharger, then the vacuum system is working. Check the IAC (idle air control valve) for if there is anything out of the ordinary. Look to see if there is power to the valve. If there is voltage, then rev up the engine and see if the voltage output changes. If there is no change, then the valve needs to be replaced.

If there is nothing wrong with the IAC, then check the mass air flow (MAF) sensor for if it is dirty, broken, or damaged. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with the engine idle speed being too high.

3. Problem with RPM