Q: Problem starting

Jeep running fine when parked, approximately 30,000 miles on rebuild engine, went to start next morning and got a clicking sound, had recently replaced battery, so I replaced the starter. Still clicking noise when trying to start, used battery charger in engine start mode, same result. Battery and starter ruled out, but still have clicking noise like a low battery when trying to start.

What you are describing sounds like a faulty starter solenoid. A faulty starter solenoid will generally produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Problem starting