Q: Problem starting

The car wad running great i replaced the battery when i bought the car now all of a sudden the car will only start every now and then. The lights are on and bright. I thought it was an altinator but when the car starts the battery power is great. And autozone said it sounded like it was something else. I went under the car and the ground cable was rusted and split in half so i bought a new one. And i will put it on. But then i was told it could be an ignition problem. Can you please give some advice since im stuck.

A: A broken ground cable is a definite possibl...

A broken ground cable is a definite possible cause of the intermittent starting issue. My suggestion is that you put the new ground cable on, then see if the problem still exists. There is a possibility that it is an ignition problem, but the ground cable should definitely be fixed first. You can’t diagnose any ignition problems with a bad ground cable. If the problem does still exist after the ground cable is replaced, then you should contact a qualified professional, such as the ones available from YourMechanic, who can diagnose the no start issue you’re experiencing.