Q: Primed with injector fluid and car shut down

I have replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, coils, fuel pump, distributor cap, rotor button, brake system. For three weeks my truck worked well after I had made all of these replacements; however, it totally shut down yesterday. It started when I primed with injector fluid. Once it burns off, it shuts off. Since I changed the brake pads, it has not started at all. What do you think is wrong with my truck?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your car. Well, it’s not getting fuel, that’s for sure. This could be because of a botched fuel pump replacement or some other reason. The first thing you want to do is check fuel pressure at the rail. If fuel pressure is within spec, you’ll want to check for injector pulse. This can be done by inserting a noid light into the harness end of the fuel injector connector. If the light does not illuminate, the powertrain control module (PCM) is not completing the ground side of the injector circuit. This could be because the PCM itself has failed or one of the sensors it uses as an input is bad. I recommend having your vehicle diagnosed by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s problem and replace the fuel pump if necessary.

3. Primed with injector fluid and car shut down