Q: Previous overheating, sealed head gasket, new issues and confusion

Issues started when my car first got hot. Changed a bad radiator hose and the coolant. May have not burped it properly b/c I had overheating issues for about a month. Even replaced thermostat. Each time I thought I fixed issue, days later it would run hot again. Previous owner's stop leak also ended up gelling in radiator. I used a cleaner to try and remove it. A mechanic said to remove thermostat and use water instead of coolant. I did and all went well. Then I drove on the highway and car got hot again. I think this is when I fully blew the head gasket, could have been before. Another mechanic recommended sealant until I can replace head gasket. I used KW nanotech. Has been working well so far. I don't drive highway.

Current issues: Loosing coolant but theres no milky oil and no smoke from behind car. Evaporating? Need to put thermostat back in but afraid of heating Puddle of oil, light brown and thin, under front of car and oilyness/gunk is around engine. What's going on? Not driving it

Hi, thanks for writing in. Removing the thermostat only masks the underlying issue. If the vehicle is using coolant and there are no external leaks, then that coolant is finding its way into the combustion chamber. The coolant is not evaporating. This could be due to a blown head gasket, cracked head or cracked block. Many times a vehicle will have a combustion leak but not display any visible signs such as oil/coolant intermix or smoke. As for the oil, that’s probably a separate issues altogether. A professional can put dye in the system to pinpoint the location of the engine oil leak. I recommend having one of our certified automotive technicians from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect, diagnose, and repair the issue.