Q: pressure switch going to the ac compressor does not connect to each other

My pressure switch that connects to my ac compresser does not connect why?it just creates a lot of pressure

Hi Stormykally. Usually when this occurs, it’s due to one of three things. First, the pressure switch is the wrong component for your specific year, make and model of PT Cruiser. This happens quite often - especially if the part is purchased online or at auto parts stores without verifying it. The second common causes is due to the compressor itself having internal damage or obstruction of coolant. This is quite likely - especially if it has not yet been replaced being 12 years old. The final common cause of this is incorrect installation. Here is what I’d recommend. First, refer to a service and repair manual for your PT Cruiser and verify that the switch is properly installed. Second, verify the part is the right one for your vehicle. Third, if everything checks out, you might have damage to the AC compressor and might want to have this inspected.

3. pressure switch going to the ac compressor does not connect to each other