Q: How do I know if a used car is a good deal?

I'm looking to buy a pre-owned convertible Audi 2008 A4 3.2L. It has about 69K miles and the dealership is asking for $10,000 excluding documentation, tax, and registration. Is it a good deal? I can post pictures or give you the link if you would like to have a detailed look. Thanks in advance!

Hi there. Buying a used car can be a daunting task with all the unknowns. There are several websites available that can provide you with a baseline value of the intended purchase. You may find what seems like a great deal until the repair bills start arriving. You are the only one that truly knows what the car is worth to you. A pre-purchase inspection is a great tool available to you to provide you with a list of potential current and future problems that may arrive expectantly. Knowing what the car needs gives you a powerful negotiating tool as well; you can decide the actual value is the current value less the needed repairs. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a pre-purchase inspection.

3. How do I know if a used car is a good deal?