Q: Power windows will not work when you turn the car on

When you turn the ignition on the power windows will not work as soon as you start the vehicle you shut it off and open the door they work please help

A: The GEM module controls the power to the wi...

The GEM module controls the power to the window switches through the relays for the power windows. The battery saver relay is activated when you turn off the truck and open the door. This is why the windows work then. The GEM module should be scanned to see if the window relay is being activated by the module when the ignition is in the on position. You may have a problem in the window relay in relay panel in center of dash panel. Check fuse number 5 and 7 in the engine fuse panel box. The GEM module is the most common failure for this problem and should be scanned and verified to be cause before replacement.