Q: Power windows

Drivers side power window went down on its own. Replaced regulator and motor. When I plugged the electrical harness into the switch the new regulator went all the way down and will not go up. I can hear the motor click when using the switch, but it will not move. I'm thinking the switch is stuck in the down position and when I plugged it in it just powered down. The other three Windows work fine with the master switch. Or is there a relay that could cause this odd problem. Thanks

A: Hi there. It definitely sounds like a broke...

Hi there. It definitely sounds like a broken master window switch. The internal components of many of these switches are made of plastic and, over time and use, face the high possibility of breaking. The switch will need to be replaced to correct the situation. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a window switch replacement.