Q: Power windows and interior lights have stopped working

The power windows and interior lights stopped working but if I turn off and back on it works most of the time.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. This could...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. This could be caused by a variety of things such as a faulty or broken wire, a burnt fuse or the master driver’s side window switch. The power for the circuit goes though a master fuse (40-60A) then through a circuit breaker (20 amps) to the switch console that the driver uses to control the windows. There should be two wires, one for power from the battery, one for ground that goes through the door jam area. Maybe one of those wires is broken. Also the master switch (the lock-out switch) might be broken.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.