Q: Power window issues

Hi There, My driver side power window doesn't go all the way down or up. when it reaches some point it gets stuck and makes a noise. I replaced the regulator but same problem. motor seems to be fine. No accidents or damages to the door. Thank you.

A: The motor for the window is most likely bad...

The motor for the window is most likely bad. There are some gears within the motor gear itself that are made of plastic. When the window gets any resistance the motor gears can strip out and cause the windows to not move at all. You may need to replace the motor on the regulator. This is why most mechanics will replace the regulator and motor as an assembly. I'd suggest getting this looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose the issue with your power window and help you fix it accordingly.