Q: Power steering pump went out

The power steering pump is not working. It got hard to steer and I heard a noise. After looking, I saw the power steering fluid underneath the Jeep. I am not sure if I need the whole assembly replaced.

While there are quite a number of reasons behind a power steering pump failing on your Jeep Liberty, from the information provided, it leads me to believe that there may actually be a serious leak in the power steering system. It may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to stop by and go over your Jeep with you. They will be able to inspect the power steering system and determine the source of the power steering leak and make the necessary repairs so you can easily steer your Jeep once again.