Q: power steering problem.

my power steering system is making noise I got the power steering pressure hose fixed in I got the power steering flushed out in they added new power steering fluid is the power steering pump is still making excessive noise.?

A: Hello. Noise could be a sign of trapped air...

Hello. Noise could be a sign of trapped air, low fluid level, or a mechanical fault in the pump. While the system is cold, check the fluid level. If the fluid level is OK, remove the cap and turn the steering wheel left and right to full extent while it is on. If there is air in the system, that will help purge it. Replace the cap. If the noise remains, it needs to be determined if it is coming from the pump or another accessory, pulley, or belt. YourMechanic has experts in this type of power steering diagnosis and once the fault is found, they will let you know of the cost to repair.