Q: Power steering, Mercedes C250

I have brought a c250 CDi Mercedes the question I have been told new cars a fitted with new trype off power steering. When I'm driving slow the power steering is very light. But when I pick up speed it starts to tighten up.But it's doesn't feel like when the power steering goes all hard is this a new type of power steering

Many vehicles have adaptive power steering. It is speed sensitive, so that when in a parking lot at slow speeds, you get the maximum amount of help turning the wheels. When at highway or cruising speeds, the system reduces the amount of help to give the driver more feeling of the car and road. If you do not like the way the steering reacts, you may be able to have the dealer set the parameters differently through their factory scan tool.