Q: Power steering leak I need to have fixed.

The power steering fluid in my vehicle is leaking into the seal. The power steering fluid lasts about 10 minutes before it has totally leaked out making the steering wheel hard to turn.

A: Hello, if you have a power steering leak th...

Hello, if you have a power steering leak that visible, then that part or seal must be replaced to stop the leak for proper operation. It's not good to let a power steering pump run dry as it will cause internal damage to the pump and possibly contaminate the system with metal shavings. It is a good idea to have a mechanic inspect your power steering fluid leak.