Q: Power steering leak at hose

got an estimate for 950.00 to replace hose and replace seals in pump, pumps ok though. is that reasonable?

A: As you may already know or have experienced...

As you may already know or have experienced, labor and part quotes on your vehicle can vary quite a bit depending on where you go and the mechanic doing the estimate. The reason for this is that different mechanics have different experience levels and sometimes tend to quote based upon their ability to get those parts at their price which varies by shop. Labor quotes can also vary depending on the skill level of the mechanic as it may take one mechanic longer than another to complete a specific job. If you'd like a second opinion on the issue, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your power steering leak firsthand and give you another estimate for comparison.