Q: Power Steering Hose Replacement

I discovered that my van was leaking power steering fluid and was advised that I need a new hose because it was cut by the people who recently put in a new engine. The guy told me he would charge $130 for labor but he's not sure of how much the hose will cost. Is this a reasonable amount for a hose replacement and also what is the cost for a hose for a 2002 dodge caravan?

Hi there:

It really depends on which power steering hose that was cut during the engine install that will determine the cost estimate of the part. In regards to his labor quote, that seems rather reasonable for most power steering hose replacement jobs, but you might wan to have one of our mobile mechanics complete this service. You can get a quote rather easily by requesting a power steering pressure hose replacement bid.

3. Power Steering Hose Replacement