Q: Power steering hose leaking might be leaking

Hello, I was told by pepboys that I had a power steering leak, however I took my car to two different mechanic shops and neither one of the notice or mention my power steering hose or a leak, one notice a oil leak. They said my gasket cap need to be replace do you know how much that would cost to fix? Also should I get the power steering looked at again? I did not tell the other mechanics that pepboys claimed it was leaking. I was hoping if it was true they would naturally find it on their own and let me know but that was not the case. Please help. Thanks.

Hello. If there is not a serious leak, some mechanics will not mention it either because they missed it or because they felt like it was not significant enough to do so. If you really want to know, you need to take the vehicle to have it inspected and ask the mechanic to check for any leaks. One leak can also look like another depending on where it is coming from. The cost is going to depend on what the vehicle needs. If you want to have these oil leaks looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.