Q: Power steering.

Truck has been sitting for over a year. Power steering is not working. Old power steering fluid is full. Engine runs great. Could the truck sitting idle have caused this? Could it be as simple as bleeding the line?

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500. You may have a pump that has stuck vanes inside it. You can try and let it run a while until it gets the fluid hot and vanes may break loose, then try revving the motor up to about 3500 rpm and hold it there for about 30 seconds. If it does not work after letting the vehicle run for an hour, then you will have to replace the pump. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your power steering pump.