Q: Power steering

Had a whining noise from the pump..put new pump on put fluid in and still no power steering..but no more whining noise from the pump.

A: Hello, the whining noise the old pump had i...

Hello, the whining noise the old pump had is aeration usually from low fluid level that will damage the pump, that means there is a leak of fluid. This system is a closed type system no leaks allowed. First check the condition of the hoses, should be clean, dry and no visible cracks. You need to check the output of the new pump, if that’s good. Next step would be an issue with the steering rack itself. If you’d like, a certified Your Mechanic Technician can come to your location and check the pump and steering assembly. Please look at this web site for more information and service options. power steering