Q: Power steering cost and repair.

Back in early December I purchased my used car and everything had been going fine until recently when I began hearing a squealing noise when I turned the wheel. I didn't let it stress me too much because a mechanic I visited to replace a bulb told me it was likely cause of the weather. That is until yesterday when I found turning the wheel to be difficult.

A quick Google search later revealed that the cause could be a host of issues with my power steering, and while I'm hoping it's something minute I plan to take it in to a mechanic for an inspection.

If possible I was wondering if the mentioned symptoms of squealing and the stiff steering wheel could help me narrow down what the issue is, and regardless of if it can or can't I was wondering what the minimum and maximum cost might be for repairs.

Billing question sent to CS for the cost of diagnosing the power steering system and the cost to repair the power steering system on a 2009 Kia Spectra with a L4-2.0 engine.