Q: Power steering cost and repair.

Back in early December I purchased my used car and everything had been going fine until recently when I began hearing a squealing noise when I turned the wheel. I didn't let it stress me too much because a mechanic I visited to replace a bulb told me it was likely cause of the weather. That is until yesterday when I found turning the wheel to be difficult.

A quick Google search later revealed that the cause could be a host of issues with my power steering, and while I'm hoping it's something minute I plan to take it in to a mechanic for an inspection.

If possible I was wondering if the mentioned symptoms of squealing and the stiff steering wheel could help me narrow down what the issue is, and regardless of if it can or can't I was wondering what the minimum and maximum cost might be for repairs.

3. Power steering cost and repair.