Q: power locks not functioning

All of a sudden my power locks quit functioning. None of the doors locked at all. I hear a little click under the steering wheel behind the fuse box when the lock/unlock button is pressed. I have an aftermarket alarm, but that is not part of the problem and it works fine. I lock the doors manually. Could the problem be with the Smart Entry Control Module?

A: You are correct that this problem could be ...

You are correct that this problem could be related to the smart entry control module. Other possible causes are a wiring issue, blown fuse, or a faulty relay. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your door locks and perform any repairs required so that you can get those locks working again.