Q: Power lock not working properly.

I can't open the driver's door. The lock clicks, but the handle does not open the door.

A: I found multiple reports of this problem on...

I found multiple reports of this problem on the ES series - the connecting clips that connects the latch bar to the inside and outside handles break under the repeated force of pulling the door open/closed. There is no real difference between a door lock bar and a door latch bar. A professional lockout kit will have "slim-jims" in a variety of configurations often with interchangeable heads. One of them should be capable of snagging the door latch bar and tripping it. Have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come inspect your vehicle and diagnose exactly what the issue is.