Q: Power doorlocks not working

The power doorlocks are not working. Could it be a blown fuse?

A: I can imagine how frustrating it can be to ...

I can imagine how frustrating it can be to have all of your power door locks suddenly stop working on your Oldsmobile. Now if you are trying to utilize the door locks and all four doors are failing to lock and unlock, my first hunch would be to inspect the fuse. If you are feeling confident you can break out your Oldsmobile owners manual and locate the fuse for the power door locks. Go ahead and use the fuse puller provided in the fuse box to pull out the fuse and give it a closer look. If it appears to be “blown”, replace it with the correct size fuse and try the door locks again.

If the fuse immediately blows or if the new fuse also does not work, it is possible that the door lock switch or the wiring could be the next culprit to inspect. If that is the case, then I feel it would be best to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to further diagnose and repair your power door lock issue.