Q: Possibly need a new regulator.

The passenger's side window dropped. I think it might need a new window regulator, but I am not sure.

A: When the window simply drops into the door ...

When the window simply drops into the door on your Audi it is due to the window regulator cable breaking, causing there to be no tension to hold the window in place. The first thing I would do would be to remove the door panel to inspect the cable and then replace the entire regulator and motor while I had the panel off. It is a good idea to enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can easily perform this task.