Q: Possible wiring issue

The driver's side headlight is out and has been replaced twice in the last year. I think there is a bigger cause after reading similar stories online. Could it be the wiring or something else causing the bulbs to burn out?

A: The bulb wiring would need to be checked fo...

The bulb wiring would need to be checked for any overheating problems. The bulbs should not be touched with fingers when installing them or premature failure will result. The light housing needs to be checked for excessive water in the housing that can get on the bulb and crack them when they are hot. It’s important to replace the bulbs only with other approved bulbs. If you need help with this, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to properly inspect your headlights and replace the bulbs if necessary.