Q: Possible transmission issue?

When i bought the car the lady told me her mechanic said the transmission was going out. Ill be going down the free way or through town its happened on both occasions and itll jar then its real slow on takeoff like its getting no gas but its fine after going 35+ like maybe its stuck in a gear? is there an alternate solution if this is the problem other than replacing my transmission.......or could it be something completely different?

HI. This does sound like a transmission problem and there are things you try before replacing the transmission. The first thing you could do is flush the transmission fluid and a transmission additive that helps with poor shifting. This may bring the transmission back to life and give it the power it needs when starting off. The valve body or shift solenoids may causing this issue and they can be replaced with out replacing the transmission.

I would also have a complete diagnosis done to the car as well this problem could also be related to the engine or a bad sensor in the engine. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I suggest you have a certified technician from YourMechanic come and diagnosis your acceleration issue.

3. Possible transmission issue?