Q: Possible starter issues as vehicle does not start.

The key turns, but the starter does not work. I took the battery out and had it checked, so I think it is the starter.

It may very well be the starter. If you hear a slight click sound or nothing at all when turning the key but all lights and accessories still work, you may have a starter problem. If your battery checks out good and as long as your starter is easily accessible you can try tapping on it with something such as a socket or small hammer and try to start the car. If the car starts the issue is certainly the starter. If it does not start it may still be the starter. I would recommend enlisting the help of a professional from YourMechanic to inspect your starting system for a accurate diagnosis.