Q: Possible spark plug problem

My car won't start. I think it needs a spark plug changed.

A: Ignition system issues can not only cause t...

Ignition system issues can not only cause the vehicle to run rough, but may prevent it from running at all. The ignition coil on the 2001 Altima is located inside the distributor. The coil can fail and cause the vehicle not to run because there will be no spark. To check the coil the test calls for an HEI (High Energy Ignition) spark tester.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and experience to check the ignition system to see if the coil is the reason for the no start or if there is another cause and to correct the source of the no start issue.