Q: Possible electrical issue

98 pontiac grand prix gt. 3.8 v6 the tail lights are not working however the break lights work fine, I have replaced the fuses and the bulbs, so I assume it has to be a issue in the wiring, I am trying to figure out witch whirring harnesses could be affecting this issue, I have a parts car and need to pull all the possible parts that could solve the issue this week, if you could reply with possible harnesses to replace along with any other possible diagnosis I would appreciate it, my email a dress is billmelater222911@gmail.com

A: Hello. Most of the time this is not a harne...

Hello. Most of the time this is not a harness problem. It is typically caused by an issue with the combination switch. This switch typically shorts internally and causes this. I have also had fuse box issues that have caused this but that is not as likely. The only way to know for sure would to test the circuit with a voltage meter to see where the voltage is lost, which is typically at the switch. If you need help with fixing this taillight issue, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why the lights are not working.