Q: Possible computer problem

My specific circumstance stems from not correcting cel issues over a long period on my 02 Galant that I bought new and the cels began about three years after starting with misfire codes. Long story short, the 11 years from 05 till March 2016 of this neglect rendered the cat to the condition of failure which means the insides had come loose and was clogging the exhaust. I could not afford a new one so I cleaned it out and drove it for the 4 months between March and July when I obtained the new cat. I installed the new cat but foolishly just started the car (which was a normal start and run) and began to drive immediately, and the car stalled at about 150 FEET and did not restart. I believe operating the car without the cat for that long pushed the computer adjustments so far out that when the new cat was installed, driving without allowing the car to adjust while idling caused the computer to shut down. Can't afford tow and blind diagnostics so direction to proceed will be appreciated.

Installing a new catalyst will not cause the no start. You will need to have the computer scanned and all the fuses checked. You may have damaged or shorted one of the O2 sensors wires when you did the job of the replacement. Check for spark and fuel pressure after the scan is where you have to start. Since you are looking for an alternative for towing, you may consider enlisting the help of a mobile professional, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to come to the site of the car to thoroughly inspect and diagnose the starting problem.

3. Possible computer problem