Q: Possible carburetor problem

I need to get my pickup started. It has not been driver for a while, and the carburetor is not functioning properly.

Hello! There are a few things i suggest checking to find the cause of the no start condition. I suggest checking the spark and fuel pressure. Also while trying to crank the vehicle look inside the carburetor to see if the jets are spraying fuel because you may have a clogged fuel port, fuel filter, or bad fuel pump. Fuel deposits build up in the fuel system over time so there may be a restriction in your system causing the no start condition. There is also a possibility that an ignition component such as a distributor, spark plug(s) or ignition coil has failed and is causing your issue. There are so many things that may cause a no start condition on a antique vehicle such as yours. I would suggest having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and perform these tests for you and have them perform the necessary repairs.

3. Possible carburetor problem